We believe in continuous growth and improvement and we love making sure that our community is always supported in that way. Therefore, we have compiled a list of 14 amazing recruitment books, which you should add to your library (if you haven’t already) in order to broaden your horizon in the world of recruitment and most importantly - keep learning and growing.
Our top picks:
Let’s get reading!
1. The Robot- Proof Recruiter: A Survival Guide for Recruitment and Sourcing Professionals
Author: Katrina Collier
About: In The Robot- Proof Recruiter, Katrina Collier shares practical tips on how to build a personal brand, successfully approach candidates and build relationships in order to survive in a world where AI is continuously threatening recruiters and sourcers. Simple and effective the tips in The Robot-proof Recruiter are sure to improve the candidate experience you provide, and as a result - enable you to find the right people for your organization.
The book was also shortlisted for the Business Book Award in 2020 - HR & Management Category.
2. Hiring for Attitude: A Revolutionary Approach to Recruiting and Selecting People with Both Tremendous Skills and Superb Attitude
Author: Mark Murphy
About: In Hiring for Attitude, top leadership strategist Mark Murphy shows you:
- The five biggest reasons why new hires fail
- Two quick and easy tests to discover the attitudinal characteristics that you need for your unique culture
- The five-part interview question that gets candidates to reveal the truth about what their last boss thinks of them
- Where great companies find their best candidates
- The six words most interviewers add to the end of behavioural interview questions that destroy their effectiveness
He follows up by explaining why it is important and how to hire for attitude.
3. The Mindful Recruiter: The Guide to enhance your Recruitment Career with everyday Mindfulness practices
Author: Helena Nield-Dumper
About: The Mindful Recruiter includes: 27 Step-by-step practical exercises - tailor-made techniques for recruiters; exercises to increase your self-awareness and elevate your personal brand. It is a guide to steer your actions to improve your performance. Its goal is to provide you with ways to understand your mind better and therefore, enable you to excel in your workplace.
4. Recruit Rockstars: The 10 Step Playbook to Find the Winners and Ignite Your Business
Author: Jeff Hyman
About: In Recruit Rockstars, you'll learn:
- Why 46% of new hires are no longer with their company after just 18 months
- How to ensure that everyone on your team is on - and stay on- the same page when interviewing candidates
- Why DNA is a better way to assess candidates than culture fit, and exactly how to do it
- How recruiting is more like sales & marketing, then human resources
- Why 99% of job descriptions actually repel the best candidates, and what to do about it
And much more! Jeff Hyman Provides his readers with a simple, yet effective step-by-step guide on how to hire and retain top talent.
5. High-Tech High-Touch Recruiting: How to Attract and Retain the Best Talent By Improving the Candidate Experience
Author: Barbara Bruno
About: High-Tech High-Touch Recruiting provides recruiters with an end-to-end process for recruiting the top talent who turns into engaged employees. While emphasizing the overall importance of building "high-touch" relationship-building skills, the book outlines how these can be blended successfully with high-tech tools such as AI-powered software applications to identify a large pool of qualified job candidates. Barbara Bruno provides an outline for a 9-step telephone interview process to enable you to find the new stars of your team!